Wednesday, May 17, 2006

NSA Phone Spying

Unless you have been living in a hole, you have heard about the NSA having access to phone records from some major providers. The obvious concern that most people, and the media, are speaking about is the privacy issue. Yes, the security of the nation is briefly discussed, but at least from my exposure this is not the main topic. So here is an article that I found interesting. David Ignatius writes a very logical piece addressing how we arrived in this situation.

I feel that Mr. Ignatius' article follows a plausible and reasonable flow, as opposed to the other ideas that the government is out to get us. Yes, I do believe that some law makers want to increase government control, but in reality they were doing what they felt was necessary. (Please, not "road to hell paved with good intentions" comments.)

I'm not defending everything that has happened as a result of September 11th, but decisions have to be made. The truth in life is that a lot of the time there isn't a clear cut right or wrong, and life doesn't stop to let us figure it out.
Someone may tell you that they are about to kill your family, while another just says they are joking, are you going to wait for better intelligence or act? (Extreme, I know, but so is life. Also a habit I use to get my points across.)

Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home